Monday, August 22, 2011

End of Summer Fun

Caroline is like her mommy. She likes to strech her birthday fun out as long as possible. We celebrated with Nana, Grandpa, Jeremy, Heather and Nick the weekend after her birthday. We started the day by going to Hafer Park in Edmond. It is a beautiful wooded park with lots of playgrounds, a nice walking trail and a small duck pond. Grandpa brought a remote speed boat that belonged to James when he was young for Caroline to play with. I think James had more fun with it than Caroline. We walked on the trails pulling Caroline in her new Radio Flyer wagon, played on the playground and had fun on the swings with Grandpa and Daddy. For lunch we headed over to Pop's restaurant to meet Jeremy, Heather and Nick for lunch. We had such a fun time celebrating Caroline's birthday with the Sexton crew. Caroline is beyond blessed to have so many people that love her. She is surrounded by wonderful neighbors, great friends, her favorite cousin, loving grandparents and fun aunt and uncles. She is such a lucky girl. Days like these make me so happy that we decided to move to Oklahoma. There is no better place to be than near family.

I am a sucker for my kids in "church clothes" so I always have to break out the camera on Sunday mornings. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from this Sunday. These are special pictures to me because I capture some special moments between my children. This time I captured William smile for the first time. He has been smiling for a few weeks, but this is the first time I actually got a picture of it. There is nothing more precious than seeing my William smile. It melts me. I also captured a picture of Caroline kissing William and one of them holding hands. Kisses flow very freely in our household. Caroline has a passion of planting big kisses on everyone she loves, and William is her favorite person to kiss. I never seem to have my camera when she chooses to plant one on him, so it was a treat that I got that shot. I love that I got a picture of my kids holding hands. Caroline loves to hold William's hand now that he can wrap his tiny fingers into hers. I often look back in the car to see that they are holding hands as we are driving down the road. It just shows the special bond that Caroline and William alrady have. What a gift they are for each other.


























No comments: