Thursday, December 1, 2011

William's First Taste of Food and Thanksgiving

Last week William had his first taste of real food. He was one happy little boy! I started him on rice cereal, and he ate it like he had been eating for months. He did a great job. I decided to start veggies since he did such a great job with the rice. He has had green beans and squash so far. He opens his mouth wide just like a baby bird when he sees the spoon coming. He is eating a whole container of baby food in one sitting. He is my good eater. Caroline never was a great baby food eater. It was a sucessful feeding if I could jam the spoon between her lips. Not William- he loves his "real food." I think he may eat us out of house and home.
I took William to the doctor this past Monday for an ear infection, and he weighed 20 lbs. The nurse told me that he was the weight of an 8 month old and height of a 9 month old. My boy is very healthy, and he is just precious.
We spent Thanksgiving with the Sexton's in Enid. This was a specail Thanksgiving for my family because it was William's first. I am so thanksful for my son. He is such a blessing. He is the most sweet, smiley, and playful baby. I know my family is much more rich with him in it. We had a great holiday spending time with our wonderful family. All of the Sexton's are so wonderful with my children. It is a joy to see Caroline and William interact with all of their grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. We are beyond blessed to have so many loving family members. I am greatful that my children get to grow up surrounded by so many loving people.









Caroline with her 2011 ornament - an Ariel ornament from Disney World



William with his very first ornament



William's first big boy bath with sister



Caroline loves cooking with Grandpa



Nana with William and me




Big sister











Sweet silblings







Daddy and William at Light the Plains



Caroline's first visit with Santa - telling him that she wants a GoGo Walking Dog


Green Beans!






William loves Uncle Jeremy and Cousin Nick

No comments: